At Tides, we have been working with people like you for more than 30 years to make the world a better place. Our mission is to partner with philanthropists, foundations, activists, and organizations across the country and across the globe to promote economic justice, robust democratic processes, and the opportunity to live in a healthy and sustainable environment where human rights are preserved and protected.
As a green business Tides:
- Incorporated sustainability into all elements of the building's design.
- Some elements of sustainable design include:
- Reuse of exhibits historic structures with minimal intrusion, demolition and waste.
- Existing spaces were reused by matching client program to existing spaces.
- Contractor was required to report on amounts of waste removed and recycled.
- Photovoltaic panels
- Cotton insulation in walls
- Sustainably harvested wood paneling for workstations
- Recycled aluminum storefront at interior offices
- Bathroom tiles made from recycled windshields from cars
- Formaldehyde free paints and high efficiency hydronic heating
- High efficiency lighting and maximized day lighting through use of glass office partitions and open office space
- Purchases unbleached, 100% postconsumer waste recycled content paper
- Strives to increase waste diversion by recycling all paper, bottles and cans AND composting all food and landscape waste.
- Chooses less toxic janitorial cleaning products