BARS+TONE is a Digital Agency, specializing in innovative and effective creative video production, online media, visual effects and social engagement strategies, with clients ranging from Fortune 100 to startups. We are constantly exploring ways to limit our eco-footprint by working to identify best practices, educate and empower our employees and clients to make more environmentally responsible choices from energy usage, to transportation and consumption of paper and other resources.
Here are a few things we have done to help minimize the environmental impact while working and growing in San Francisco.
- Conserve energy by converting 80% of our incandescent and CFL lamps to LED lighting systems and continue to purchase Energy Star rated equipment and computers.
- Conserve natural resources by establishing a Commuter Benefits Program that enables employees to use a pre-tax deduction for public transit, vanpool, and biking costs. We also have bragging rights for winning the Great Race for Clean Air in 2011!
- Conserve water by undergoing facilities improvements to use low-flow toilets and water flow restrictors.
- Reduce waste by recycling, composting and using materials with 100% recycled content. As well as donate re-usable materials to local programs.
- Support other green and local businesses by making environmentally preferable purchasing decisions.
- Minimize paper waste by printing all marketing collateral on 50% post-consumer-recycled paper and using soy-based inks.
Being a green business means more to us than just having a pretty green logo – it means we are helping to shape the world around us and working toward a better future for our industry.