As one of California's leading labor and employment law firms for the public sector, it is natural that Liebert Cassidy Whitmore takes a leadership role in becoming a "green" law firm as our client's transition to sustainability. We are translating our values into action, improving the Firm's sustainability and reducing environmental impacts.
LCW's San Francisco office commitment to the Bay Area Green Business Program is an example of our place at the forefront of public sector firm's recognition of critical issues that face our clients. Soon all three offices will be following the guidelines set forth by the leaders for climate change and sustainability. Through its participation in the BAGBP the San Francisco office has committed to reduce its paper usage, reduce its footprint by investing in energy-efficient lighting, appliances, office equipment and more.
Participating in this process has allowed us to improve our environmental sustainability policies which involve the firm as whole, as well as individual attorneys and staff members. These are just some of the steps San Francisco has taken to earn their certification in the Green Business Program.
- Switched to 100% post consumer content chlorine-free recycled copy paper (saves more than 250 tress annually, as well as 40,000 pounds of greenhouse gases and 31,450 kilowatts of electricity each year)
- Print doubled sided copies for research, drafts and internal documents, and reuse the single sided prints with an eye of course toward client confidentiality
- Use durable and reusable plates, cups, glasses, flatware and cutlery
- All employees actively participate in composting, paper recycling, glass, plastic bottle and can recycling
- Replaced individual bottled water with recycled water service
- Moved to "energy star" electronics
- 99% of our 7 newsletters are delivered electronically to our clients
- Video conference via energy star electronics for meetings and in-house training with our three California offices
- 1/4 of our employees use public transportation, hybrid vehicles, walk or bicycle to work
- Work with green-certified vendors for a majority of our services
- Provide commute benefits to our employees who ride public transit
- Purchase Energy Star compliant computer equipment and appliances that meet EPA and U.S. Energy Department standards