The Hotel Del Sol, Joie de Vivre Hospitality is the only Marina hotel certified green by the City of San Francisco. Both pet and family friendly we, are located in San Francisco's stylish Marina & Cow Hollow neighborhoods. As you relax by the pool or in one of the hammocks under the palm trees, you will be happy to know this is a green hotel. With major transportation lines near the hotel, you can keep your carbon footprint to a minimum and help the San Francisco environment by leaving the car in our lot. The Del Sol is a bright & colorful, former 1950's motor lodge that is reminiscent of a California beach house. Our rates include complementary parking, continental breakfast and an afternoon cookies & milk reception.
Activities with the most significant environmental impact include:
- Sourcing our products from local, generally green, vendors as much as possible.
- Laundry and cleaning products from acclaimed Vaska, leading producer of truly green products.
- Waste reduction program includes composting and the guest's ability to recycle batteries to print cartridges.
- Reduced water usage by manually watering landscaping and installing sink aerators and new toilet flappers/fill valves.
- Carbon footprint minimized by involving staff in Commuter Check program, as well as offering bike storage and a staff shower. By selling bus passes and offering free parking, guests are encouraged to leave their cars in the lot.
- Office supplies are recycled, unbleached and low-toxic whenever possible.
- Installed new heat/air-conditioners with digital thermometers and motion detector controls.
- On going staff training, which in turn teaches our guests and the staff families about green practices at home.