The Hotel Drisco is extremely proud to be one of very few hotels in San Francisco to be awarded "Green" status by San Francisco Green Business. The mission of this program is to preserve the environment by incorporating sustainability into our core business operations. Our green policies are intended to enhance environmental awareness and responsibility, and our practices are designed to educate our employees and guests, reduce waste and toxins, conserve natural resources and partner with local and environmentally-friendly businesses. We regularly assess this initiative and modify our products and practices accordingly to further reduce our impact on the environment.
Key points of change:
- Showers heads have been modified to maintain pressure while using less water.
- Faucets in public restrooms and guest bathrooms have been modified to restrict flow.
- All public area and guest room light bulbs have been changed to eco-friendly bulbs.
- Hotel cleaning products are provided by Green vendors.
- Recycling and composting program has been implemented throughout property.
- Training has been given to all staff on maintaining Green Practices.
- Our towel and linen reuse program gives guests the opportunity to do their part to reduce energy consumption and detergents required for daily washings.
- All guest rooms have recycling bins.