Urban Fauna Studio sells independently made (Indie), handmade and eco-friendly craft supplies. Products carried reflect our commitment to ecologically and socially considerate manufacturing practices (no-petrochemicals used, sustainable raw fibers and woods, biodegradable products, organic and recycled materials). The store's main focus is on tools and material for the fiber arts, such as spinning, knitting, felting and weaving. We also sell instructional books, sewing projects and handmade gift items. We are the only store in San Francisco that carries one of a kind handmade yarn from over 40 indie fiber artists in the US. Urban Fauna Studio offers a revolving series of arts and crafts workshops for people of all ages.
- Locally grown, animal friendly (sheared from rescue animals), and organic fibers.
- Knitting and Spinning products made from sustainably harvested woods.
- Fiber accessories and tools made from reclaimed, recycled plastics and hardwoods.
- Craft workshops taught using eco-conscious methods and recycled materials.
- In-store recycling and composting, use of low-mercury fluorescent lighting, earth-friendly cleaning supplies, refilled toner cartridges and paper products with a high percentage of recycled content/post consumer.
Promotional materials that contain chlorine free paper, soy based inks and post consumer recycled paper,