McCalls is proud to be certified as a San Francisco Green Business. We are a premier full-service caterer devoted to minimizing our impact on the surrounding environment by implementing green practices in all areas of business:
- We buy locally grown produce, pasture raised meats and support small-scale, sustainable farming whenever possible.
- We compost and recycle more than 80% of our refuse.
- Our team closely follows the Monterey Bay Aquarium's Seafood Watch list to ensure use of sustainable seafood.
- We work exclusively with vendors who support our environmental efforts in recycling, reusing, and returning items.
- We print conservatively, reduce unwanted mail, and replace memos with emails.
- We use energy conservation methods to our HVAC, dishwashing, lighting, and refrigeration.
- We utilize Integrated Pest Management Programs to control and minimize the use of toxic chemicals.
- We are committed to donating surplus food and reusable items to food banks and other local charities.
McCalls respects our environment and is dedicated to sustainable business practices. We believe our efforts do make a difference. Please join us in protecting our natural resources.